Treatment for ADHD
Treatment for ADHD is multifaceted. It consists of ADHD medications, behavioral therapy and lifestyle and dietary modifications. ADHD is best managed when families, educational and health professionals work together to meet the unique needs of the child adult who has ADHD to minimize disruptive behavior, and become productive and successful. Acupuncture is an excellent addition to any treatment plan as it is used to help the body restore balance, treating the root of the disorder, while also diminishing the symptoms of ADHD.
What acupuncture can help with:
- Improve focus and attention
- Manage moods
- Reduce fidgeting
- Lower hyperactivity
- Augment mood management techniques
- Enhance concentration
Other methods of treatment
There are other ways of treating ADHD that some people with the condition find helpful, such as cutting out certain foods and taking supplements. However, there is no medical evidence these methods work, and they should not be attempted without medical advice.
- People with ADHD should eat a healthy balanced diet. Do not cut out foods without medical advice.
- Some people consider certain supplements such as omega 3 fatty acid, to be beneficial in people with ADHD. However, there is no medical evidence to support this. If you do wish to try using a supplement, talk to your GP first, as some can react unpredictably with other medication or make it less effective.
- People with ADHD should take regular exercise.
To get the best and most effective acupuncture treatment, you can try from a very famous Chinese Master in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. He is an expert in treating various kinds of diseases and illnesses.